Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The NIBBLE Project

I have a problem.

It started at the office about 5 years ago.  A well-meaning co-worker brought in a bag of Hershey Kisses.  They found out I liked Hershey Kisses very much.  They brought in more, I ate more - dozens each day.  And the cycle began.

My addiction to chocolate in the office has become so bad that I start craving it the moment I sit down at my desk.  The candy supplier has changed, and the stash has evolved into milk chocolate M&M's, but the point is the same.

How can I [attempt to] write this blog about eating natural and healthy foods when I can't even follow my own rules?  My meals are pretty healthy and have lots of fresh, whole ingredients, but stressful time or boredom at the office is filled with artificially colored candies.  

That is why I'm beginning The NIBBLE Project.

N - Nothing
I - In my
B - Belly
B - Besides
L - Legitimate
E - Eats

I will do my best to break this habit and eat only what I bring in my lunchbox, or if I must have something, to make sure I recognize all of the ingredients in that item.  NIBBLE starts today.  I'll post periodic updates about how I've done and how much I miss my colorful little treats.

Goodbye, "Yellow 5"!


M&M's Ingredients:
Milk Chocolate (Sugar, Chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Skim Milk, Milkfat, Lactose, Soy Lecithin, Salt, Artificial Flavors) Sugar, Cornstarch, Less than 1% Corn Syrup, Dextrin, Coloring (includes Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yellow 6, Yellow 5, Red 40, Blue 1, Blue 2 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 2)Gum Acacia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post? Opinions and suggestions are welcomed, but please be nice to each other. :)